How we can Help with Health and Nutrition
A registered dietitian assesses your usual dietary intake and identifies areas where you can make changes to meet your dietary and health goals.
We work with everyone from Olympians and professional athletes to weekend warriors and anyone motivated to improve their health and well being.
We can help with everything from a diet overhaul, to managing medical conditions, fine-tuning food choices or addressing unique dietary challenges.
You will receive a customized dietary plan to help you meet and maintain your dietary goals. You will also receive helpful information, educational materials, support and follow-up to help make sure you succeed.
Our Areas of Expertise
- nutrition for before, during and after workouts
- sweat rate calculations
- sport supplementation
- competition nutrition strategies
- weight loss, weight gain, eating disorders, disordered eating
- diabetes, vegetarianism, osteoporosis, hypoglycemia
- irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease and other gastrointestinal disorders
- heart health, hypertension, cardiovascular disease
- food allergies and intolerances, picky eaters
- meal planning for busy lifestyles
- couples nutrition assessment
- lifecycle concerns: pregnancy, menopause, children, seniors
See the details below about how to complete a dietary intake form and book an appointment with one of our dieticians.
We help make sure your dietary intake is right for your sport performance goals and training needs.
Areas of specialty include:
- building muscle
- losing (or maintaining) body fat
- training recovery
- performance supplementation
- preparing for training camps & selection camps
- competition nutrition (what to eat before, during and after sport events)
- nutrition for travel & restaurant choices, especially for sport competitions
See the details below about how to track your diet and activity levels, and how to book an appointment with one of our dieticians.
Tip Sheets for Healthy Snacks
Quality Food Choices
Plan your menu with lean protein, essential fats, fruits, vegetables, and calcium-rich foods.
Quality Protein Sources
Discover good protein sources and the right amount to eat per serving.
Find out the benefits and examples of healthy snacks, and what foods to combine.
See examples of plant-based foods, including animal protein products and supplements.
First Appointment with a Dietitian
We will ask you to track your activity level and dietary intake for a three-day period prior to your initial appointment (preferably 2 weekdays, 1 weekend day). This includes food, drink and supplements.
Please print and use the form below to track your dietary intake and bring it with you to the initial appointment.
Our dietitians will review the following with you:
- dietary goals and expectations
- medical history
- diet history and patterns
- supplement use
- lifestyle concerns (e.g., work schedule, travel, classes)
- activity level
We normally create a custom nutrition plan with specific meal and snack advice to meet your goals and challenges. We also supply you with resource materials as needed.
Initial consultations last 1 hour
Follow up appointments last 30 minutes
After the initial one-hour consultation, we will book additional ½-hour appointments only as required to help you achieve your dietary goals.
Nutrition services with registered dietitians are covered by many health insurance plans and corporate health spending accounts or wellness accounts. We provide the appropriate documents so you can be reimbursed for your appointments.
Cost for nutrition counselling is:
Initial assessment: $120
Couples first assessment: $180
Follow up appointments: $60